Microsoft Academic Alliance Software (DreamSpark)
The Microsoft Academic Alliance (DreamSpark) software will be available only to students currently enrolled in a course in the Computer Science/ Computer Information Systems Department. Remember this does not include Microsoft Office as that is not part of the Academic Alliance. The following procedures will need to be followed in order for the students to get setup so as to be ready to download the software:
1. Instructor collects email address for each student that wishes to download the software. This must be their ACC student email, the g.austincc.edu one. (or austincc.edu if they are staff)
3. We will send the information to DreamSpark.
4. DreamSpark will notify the student via email, giving them instructions as to how to register their account.
5. The student will have to know what software to download for your course. You as their instructor will need to give the student a list of the software products.
6. If they have problems downloading, the student will need to use on the on-line support for assistance.
7. If you wish software for yourself, follow the same procedure as above using your ACC email.
8. Be aware that the average download time for a single DVD’s worth of information from this site via DSL/cable modem is 25-35 minutes.